Saturday, June 09, 2007

CTS 1587 on 86.3% Success Rate

So the big wheel finally turned, and my success rate jumped from 77.8% to 77.9%. It took 1008 problems, give or take a couple of dozen tries, yielding an actual success rate of 86.3%. Slightly less than what I was aiming for, but I had quite a lot of bad days which drop the percentage quite easily. I'll keep pushing for the 90%, so hopefully the next increment will happen around 900 tries from now.

Winning streak on RHP keeps continuing, and regardless of some problems against the lower rated, my rating graph just keeps going up. I don't really lose much anymore, only one single loss and a draw in the last 30 games. It's probably not because I suddenly got a lot better, but because I'm getting more diciplined in the way I play my games. And most of the opponents have also been hundreds of points lower rated, so that's a factor too. Can't really do much about that, as the tournaments almost always have a lot of lower rated players. But it's still always nice to win, even though I'll only get 1 or 2 points for the win, and risk losing 30 for the occasional blunder. That's also where the diciplined approach comes in.


CTS: 1587, 85972 tries, 77.9%
RHP: 1923, 239 games, wdl 167-13-65

7 comments:

transformation said...

wonderful! yes, your last twenty today were showing 95%. bravo.

it is MOST impressive that you are making this shift and NOT back to 1500-1540. nevertheless, 90 to 92% ALWAYS IS quite different than 86%, as you know.

i recently had 107 in a row correct, at 1500. stressful.

warmly, dk

wormwood said...

that session you mentioned, it ended into a 62 correct in a row. :) had two freak errors before that though, so the whole session ended up 'only' a bit over 96%...

I think my thought process is already changing. where as before I was content to find the winning tactic, I've now noticed I do an additional check for those annoying little cheapos that kill the tactic. I haven't consciously tried to change my thought process thus, but instead it has developed spontaneously in that direction. interesting to see whether the blunder check gets more structured in time. and also whether all this has a positive influence on my blitz.

wormwood said...

oh, and about the rating drop. -I was doing 1650 tired before I upped the percentage, and I think I could've made about 1680 at that point with a clear head & 80%. so actually, I've probably taken a hit of around 100 points already.

there's no free lunch.

Jusah said...

great. just great. I knew it wont take that long before you break 2000 barrier in RHP. I think it should happen within a month. if not, well, then you should consider giving up chess...

btw...im catching you on RHP. my rating is soon over 1600, and after that BOOM...it'll be 2150!

wormwood said...

hahah, yeah well... lets just see first if I can keep it 1900+. I really haven't beaten that many high rated players yet, so I'm not completely convinced I can keep up playing on that level. but it looks promising.

transformation said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
transformation said...

understood.

forgive me, please. i just finished my monthly rotation at my job, and today was day 14 of 16. now i am off six of the next twelve days, sweet odes to baby jesus, or baby gausian noise, if you prefer, so reply CTS soon... shoot, im tired! only 32 CTS tonight, after ONE CT-Art 3.0, so... time to rest.

62 in a row at THAT level is mighty. oustanding!

did you see comments tonight at BDK? you are mentioned, and since i know your ego to be "not insubstantial", might want to stop on by blue devil comments and weigh in. what is a BIG post without you and tempo and me in concert? "For Pete's Sake!"

i an eager to hear not if, but when this starts to result in a material shift in your 5/0 quest.

90% got me over 1400 icc bullet 0/4.

now i expect CTA3 to take me back to 1600 blitz.

warmest, dk

ps what would have happened if Grishuck took the N at c3? but to risk the match for it? no.

i am so happy Aaronian is in, and for Shirov, this must be his last chance... Aaronian and Morozevich both in one eight person all play all, i assume 14 games. wow.

and tough old Boris G, now he is as defensively reSourceful as Kamsky, minus the sub 2700 elo openings reporatore. Gelfand is one tough old mother. see photos of him, with those "coke bottle" glasses????? killer brain. tricky slick dude, and damn smart.

the only thing is, Svidler just doesnt cut it for me...