Friday, May 25, 2007

1902 On Red Hot Pawn

My RHP games have been going very well for a while now, regardless of my chronically oversized game load (47), and I've committed only a few glaring mistakes. Subtracting the negatives, it really works.

The goal for 2007 was 1900, and it's only May. I had a feeling it might not be that difficult goal to reach, but wasn't really expecting to do it so quick. More time to work on my useless blitz I guess.

There's a couple of games in which I'm being run over, but not for those typical simple oversights, which is always good. I don't mind being outplayed strategically, as it always gives you a burning scar that won't fade away for a long time (won't be underestimating the bayonet against KID again in a hurry). It's the simple blunders which bug the hell out of me.

I've been winning most of the games, but some of the lower rated opponents have & are giving me a really hard time. They seem to just buckle up when they see my rating go up, damn them. It was a lot easier to win against 1500's when I was in the 1600's. Fortunately my endgames have come a long way, and I've even managed to draw some lost games. And no more losing won endgames against 1500's. All Hail Karsten Müller!

Nevertheless, a huge amount of work left on endgames, for I've still only scratched the surface so far. Tactics, well that's a neverending graveyard shift in the salt mines, but I think I'm pretty okay for now. Could be a lot better, especially on calculation, but there are more pressing matters to concern myself with.

Like always, I sense the impending doom looming right behind the next corner, and expect to drop back to 1800's before long. But if I do, I'm now pretty confident in staying over 1900 once I get my game load down to a manageable size. With some nice victories coming in, I might make it even now. Although I'm somewhat sceptical about that... But like always, we'll see what future brings.

On CTS I've been doing around 90% success rate for a while now, hovering around 1600, and today the overall percentage finally did budge from 77.7% to 77.8%. It's now 84 964 tries, and I thought I'd write it down so I can calculate what kind of average I've actually had when the percentage moves the next time.

RHP: 1902, 234 games, wdl 162-13-65
CTS: 1595, 84964 tries, 77.8%

2 comments:

transformation said...

exactly! bravo!

when we cross the digit, we write "it" down! thereby in thereafer recording our failed attempts, we can calibrate exactly where we are, then, as we approach the next milestone, we can pinpoint the single problem when it will occur... and so confirm the validity of our prior observations...

congratulations on the 90%... eager to hear how it progresses. 90% anywhere near 1600 is a very impressive accomplishment.

80.0000%

and even then, when you hit 80.0, it will really only be 79.9501% or greater, then another four or five hundred to get to true to 80.00! ewww.

warmly, dk

Unknown said...

sounds like your training is spot on, you are reaching your goals and improving...you seem to be well on your way to becoming a chess juggernaut. rock on...

90% success on CTS is pretty damn impressive....