Sunday, August 20, 2006

CTS Rating 1551

And not a moment too soon. - I was stuck at 1520-1530 for a long time, but finally got some new ground covered. I knew I'd do it if I just got a good night's sleep, and after last night's 10h slumber it was like snatching candy from a kid. And with an exellent success rate too, compared to yesterday's appalling 75%... I just couldn't do any better, no matter how I tried. - Goes to show how much a good night's sleep really matter.

I'm feeling very sharp in my tournament games on RHP also. Seems like I just see more than before. The new games are all against higher rated players compared to before, so there should be some sweet rating points coming my way as well. Maybe I'll finally get permanently over 1700.

CTS: 1551, 77.5%, 53208, 18f/151 = 88.0%
RHP: 1683, 160 games played

5 comments:

Temposchlucker said...

For someone who plays so short that's a magnificient result!

wormwood said...

yes, all has been going very well. but it's mostly because I put so many hours into it. probably around 4-6h of chess a day, often a lot more. plus all other chess-related stuff...

still, there is a lot of work left for 2006, if I plan to reach my goals. this week I've realized that I'll have to work even harder to get to 1800 RHP, otherwise the time just won't be enough. I will have played 1½ years then (by christmass), so it's not completely insane goal..

no pain, no gain.

transformation said...

i have those days when to get over 79.99% is an uphill climb. why? fatigue!

now im back to 88.00% daily, a few 90.00%, and occasional 85.50%.

i am really, really impressed by your work. thank you sir! bravo! i see you climbing every day. when i started, you were always a few milimeters beyond me or near me. now centimeters! how soon before meters? david

wormwood said...

dk, 'non-team-members' can't comment on your blog anymore. like me.

transformation said...

sorry for my lapse on comments feature, when i thought that i was only getting rid of spam! as you know, fixed now. thank you for all your well stated and concieved feedback re. percentage success recently.

now to you sir, again:

how goes it? six hours a day??? i believe you!!!! no wonder you are the raising star of CTS. most impressive. despite your humble disclaimers, i am sure that you are a brilliant young man, and know we've not heard the last from you!

what is your study now? how do you do it? are you getting more sleep? affects me enormously. some days my traction is poor; others i feel like a 'thousand eyed seeing monster'.

warmest regards, david