Tuesday, September 19, 2006

CTS 1582

Almost there, only 27 tacticians between me and 1600. Four beers and 02:55 am seems to work out pretty good for me.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier: When I did that latest session, I missed a sacrifice in a problem. Nothing noteworthy in that, but thinking about why I missed it, I realized something important has happened to the way I analyze a position. Namely, I don't do much redundant analysis anymore. -I saw the sac, investigated it very quickly, decided it won't work, and moved to the next candidate. Although I was wrong about it, I feel my thought process has evolved spontaneously. I remember doing 2-3 iterations in such situations before to get any kind of decent percentage, and also actually thinking about wether I should re-check it or not, but now it's more straightforward. Take a move, check it, if not instant success move on. No hesitation, no half seconds wasted on making decisions.

I haven't focused on training 'clean analysis' at any point, instead it seems my thought process has refined itself to optimize time/accuracy. Minimal time wasted with maximal gain.

CTS: 1582, 77.7%, 59549, session 10f/57 = 82.5%

12 comments:

transformation said...

four beers!

now for my 20,000... only 20 problems to go, but warm up first. no, i dont start cold when hitting a key measure! ct-art3.0, then a few as guest, then a few on my low tries alternate ID proxy, 90%+, then some more ct-art, then a few tries.

silly? well, im at 1500.0 and dont want to hit 20k at 1499.9, id never live that one down!

wormwood said...

the 1499.9 would be most annoying. :)

transformation said...

from 1500 to 1535 today. it all just clicked like wildfire.

wormwood said...

It's always nice to notice that the good days come eventually, after all the bad ones when you can't get anything right. -I dropped 30 points yesterday, but fortunately managed to claw some of if back...

transformation said...

"Wormwood at CTS justed topped 60,000 tries for his jubalee. He is approaching Temposchlucker in rating, and one some days is higher. Hard work pays off. dk"
_________________

http://www.chesschat.org/
showthread.php?p=123997#post123997

likesforests said...

Excellent work at topping 60,000! I topped 6,000 not long ago. ;)

transformation said...

how are you my friend? miss hearing anything from you and doubtless you are very busy! but the nights must now get shorter, so more time indoors or at a pc?

fyi, i finally got the 85. recent post not inextensive on that point...

take care, dk

wormwood said...

days, dk, days. :)

yea, I've been feeling a bit tired, and am experiencing some motivation problems. in other words, time to take it a bit easier for a while. been having trouble staying at 1570 even with a relatively modest percentage.

watching the topalov-kramnik games are probably chessing me out, 5-6h a day staring at the board wears you down, even if you don't have to play yourself. I wonder how they can handle it. no wonder their coolness is but a distant memory.

transformation said...

sometimes i just have to take a week off from CTS. i come back stronger. not ALL improvement at CTS derives lineriarly from effort at CTS. sorry guys, but it is true. of course, MUCH of it comes from effort, but not all. the other factors can be...

rest, or shifting to CT-Art then back again, or...

hope all is well otherwise. yes, i did notice a shift in you.

BTW, i will try not to say anything too nice about you in public since it upsets you so!

wormwood said...

thanks. :)

transformation said...

you behave exactly as i would expect of you:

"how kind of you wormstar as usual! 'ouch' if that is what you want.

behind their back? of course not. i have very carefully written to ask them whether they prefer that i continue or stop and of course await their reply.

as buddha said 2,400 years ago, 'where there are human beings, there is always blame'. you fulfill this perfectly here."

transformation said...

thank you for your note. i am working ten of 11 days, as i do once a month, and will write you concertedly and directly tomorrow.
dk

if you wish to talk privately, i am

trans for mation at cablespeed dot com. david