Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Processing Failures On CTS

Today I started doing an additional round over my failed problems after I finish a session. I just got annoyed that I missed a mate once again in a position I knew I'd seen before. I'm also still doing the problem again immediately after I fail, as I always have, but now there's an additional round for re-inforcement of the correct pattern in my mind. We'll see how it goes.

First session went pretty well, although I have slept only 3 hours last night and feel exhausted. Haven't got this kind of percentages in at least a couple of weeks, mostly I've staggered barely at 80%, and often even worse. It's obviously been the 'curse of the even hundreds' again, but I think I'm getting past it (concerning 1500), as I'm stabilizing at 1520. No need for the desperate efforts to stay over 1500 anymore, which causes havoc on success rate.

5f/63 = 92.1%
1521

3 comments:

transformation said...

wormstor, just off to work now on usa west coast, for after lunch work. im eager to respond. thank you so much for updates. your works is so good! till latter, david

ps generalkaia is so forunate to have temposchlucker and you both also support his % increase effort. we have been there!

hope you get some sleep

transformation said...

36 more problems = grand jubalee, or 50,00 problems at CTS! bravo!!!

are you excited, or just dog tired?

warmly, david

wormwood said...

thanks. a bit tired. I'm going away for the weekend, to pursue carnal pleasures, intoxication and loud rock music. that should even things out. I'll be more tired of course, but happy tired.

I'm also moving in a week or two, and will probably be offline for 2-4 weeks, so there will be a proper vacation from online chess coming as well. don't know how I'm going to handle being without my regular fix though...

my tv is broken also, so I'll probably hit the books hard. about the time too, they've been towering up on my desk for some time.